I really don’t get people that simply have a hard time saying thank you. I mean does it cost you money to say those 2 words or to acknowledge it with a hand gesture?
What bothers me is not that I expect people to say it but the fact that many seem to lack that respect.
In business, saying “thank you” goes a long way:
- Thank an employee for staying late
- Thank your accountant for spotting a small error
- Thank your janitor for cleaning up a mess
- Thank your staff unexpectedly for jobs they complete
The same goes for your personal life:
- Thank your spouse/partner for what they do for you
- Thank your kids for cleaning up after themselves (if that even happens)
- Thank your mom for preparing your lunch
- Thank your dad for paying the electricity bill
Such a simple phrase yet so priceless when used at the right time.
Thank you for reading this.